Ben Coorey, specialising in parametric design was born and raised in Sydney Australia and has a passion for design and technology, believing that the use of computational techniques in design is radically changing the way Architects think, design and construct buildings.
The approach in Architecture is shifting from designing an individual building, to designing systems with intelligent rules that allow the generation of buildings or cities to adapt to different conditions. These systems contain enough technical knowledge to assist, and suggest multiple solutions for the designer and subsequently the client.
Of critical importance is the way parametric designers interact with the profession.
Ben Coorey has developed many techniques and workflows to ensure a smooth transition between various software packages, allowing architectural firms to embed parametric designers into multi-skilled teams. Ben has developed extremely fast problem solving skills and will work with Architects of all skill levels to design custom solutions with user-friendly interfaces to enhance their workflow and design process.
Graduating with a Masters in Digital Architecture and currently a PhD Candidate at UTS, awarded Best Presentation at CAADRIA 2010, Young CAADRIA of the Year 2008, and countless awards whilst at University demonstrates Ben’s passion and expertise in the field. Ben has worked for large architectural firms as digital technology consultant and architectural technician at Woods Bagot and Allen Jack and Cottier respectively. This work allowed Ben to consult on workflow, technical skills and parametric systems for advanced projects globally.
Ben currently is a Lecturer at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia and is a Parametric Design Specialist offering Consultancy advice on a project by project basis.
Ben is also the director of The Institute of Digital Design Australia, an institute created to upskill the design profession by teaching contemporary design software, digital design techniques and software integration to ensuring that techniques do not limit your design potential.
For further information please review a description of his full qualifications below.
If you would like to book in a free inital consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rhino / Grasshopper, Generative Components, Digital Project, Maya, Processing, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Ecotect.
- Best Presentation CAADRIA (2010)
- Young CAADRIA of the Year (2008)
- Dean’s List of Excellence in Academic Performance (2007)
- Membership to Golden Key Society (2006)
- Dean’s List of Excellence in Academic Performance (2005)
- Dean’s Honours List (2005)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2003)
- PhD Candidate, UTS 2010
- Masters of Digital Architecture, UTS 2008
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours I), University of Sydney, 2007
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture / Digital Media), University of Sydney 2005
- University of Technology (2009 – Present)
- Woods Bagot (2007 – 2010)
Group Digital Technology Consultant
- Allen Jack + Cottier (2005 – 2007)