As part of the Skills Bootcamp conducted at The University of Technology Sydney, I have developed a series of Python Examples that step through the generation of a twisted tower using Classes. The source code for the example is attached below.
– classStructure.py : Basic Structure of a Python Class
– tutorial01.py : Defining a Basic Slab Class
– tutorial02.py : Adding rotation property to Slab Class
– tutorial03.py : Defining a series of slabs using a For Loop
– tutorial04.py : Extracting the Corner Points and creating Corner Columns
– tutorial05.py : Adding a Core
– tutorial06.py : Adding multiple rotated slabs per level and Boolean Commands
This is intended to be an intro into using Python, Classes and Rhino 5.0. If you have any suggestions to improve the code or want to develop the example further, please do so and feel free to email me the modifications!